lunes, 28 de mayo de 2018

Lesson 6 : 5/28/2018 DIFFERENCES IN EMOTIONAL EXPRESSIVITY

Brother Ivers define like emotional expressivity is one of the things that is more easily misunderstood than many other things in cross-cultural differences. It's very, very easy to interpret different ranges—to misinterpret different ranges of emotional expressivity.
According to video, he said: "you have kind of Hispanic culture —high tolerance for emotional expressivity in public." 


As Mexicans,  we tend to express our emotions very easily in public when it comes to affection, happiness, emotion, etc. Even sometimes anger or sad

ness but I clarify that we do not all show that part but we try to express the good feelings.
Personally, I consider that I am not a person that likes to be sad but I love showing people that I love and love them. On one occasion my friend told me that Why you always smiled and was very happy? I just said I see the positive of my day.
I would like to add a little story that gives place when the Second World War is over and this is the little story:
It's about the kiss that marked the end of the Second World War and here is:
Suddenly, a sailor grabbed me. It was not so much a kiss as an act of celebration: he no longer had to return to the Pacific, to the front where he had fought. He took me in his arms because he saw me dressed like a nurse and was grateful to all the nurses. It was not romantic, but a way of saying: 'Thank God, the war is over,' Greta said 60 years later. "I had gone with a friend to a show at Radio City Hall when they interrupted to say that the war was over. I went outside, I was exultant, I saw a nurse and I kissed her out of pure joy, "Mendonsa would remember.
Maybe it was not a demonstration of love between them but it was historical because of their joy in ending the war.
How can I apply it?
Every week I am more surprised with what we learn as a teacher I would like to help my students so that if they are not expressive they can leave their emotions if their culture does not tend to express help through an environment of:
Dynamic             Love
Equity              Friends
Job
Support 
I would like to get to know them in such a way that they not only see me as another teacher but that they really remember me.
It's like when we were little we were born with those emotions and we began to discover each one of them in such a way that our character is formed. I would just like to give an example of how a child is.
While playing with her toys she is smiling and laughing but if her older brother arrives she takes off her toys she gets angry and says to her mother or cries but I have always admired that after she returns it, the child plays with her older brother and smiles. When we are small we naturally express our feelings but as we grow we are changing according to what is right in our culture or not.
During my mission, I had an American companion and she used to be quiet and it was a shame to speak the new language so we began to become more friends and I remember that she began to express her feelings that I could know when she was sad or happy. Question is angry? At first, she smiled but then laughed at that question.
I do not say that we are all like that but we all have a personality, some of us are very expressive, others hide them, but each one has the influence of their own culture.


3 comentarios:

  1. I, each one of us is influenced by the culture they are surrounded. As teachers we really need to take the time to know our students, their families, and backgrounds so we can help them embrace their new environment without feeling they are abandoning their identity. I am also Mexican and I am a very expressive, bubbly person who many times have been mistaken as flirty. However, my happiness can be contagious and I just learned to ignore those who see me differently.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hi Magda,

    I am from Ecuador. I think Mexicans and Ecuadorians have many thing in common. We are kind and happy people who like to make feel others welcome and comfortable. On the other hand, I agree with you, all develop our personality influenced by our culture while we grow up.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. It would be great to be remembered by our students. The best way to do that is to love them, and to make sure we express that love to them in a way that doesn't make them uncomfortable.

    ResponderEliminar

Lesson 8 : 06/12/2018 Deep Culture in the Elementary Classroom

I really liked that he talks about teaching our students this kind of manners, cultural crossings, paradigms so they can apply it and unders...