jueves, 7 de junio de 2018

Lesson 7 6/7/2018 : Cultural and Psychology.

When my  family gatherings, we have the tradition of getting together and eating together but I always realize that my uncles have a preference for my brother all my life, that is the last memory that sometimes I fought a lot with them because of that very marked machismo about to be the favorite, they always gave him many things while I did not take much into account.

Really low self-esteem when I was 12 or 13 years old but then it does not take importance because my parents always loved us equally.
I would like to change in such a way that there is that equality that my parents always marked between him and me.

This happened because the man was always valued more than the woman and my grandmother always had that kind of psychology...
We are in the XXI century and all that is changing but in some cultures, they continue with that kind of psychology, so I believe it depends on us.
Another experience that gave me a lot of laughter is that my grandmother had beliefs like you never bar your house at night, or if you get stuck on your feet you will not get married ... I'll leave a video here...



Based on our own culture, we are growing and learning this type of psychology that helps us but there are people who can also leave behind that type of beliefs and that can affect a student that happens something that does not agree with their beliefs.
Really all this leads us to that we are all different from the place where we will be different. That is why it is important to inform us and not to offend easily or misinterpret.

2 comentarios:

  1. Wow, I am sure that this would be a great challenge for any woman. Thank goodness we have the gospel of Jesus Christ to help us understand things in an eternal perspective.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. You are right on with those traditions! I am thankful though, that my father was not like that. I was the only girl among six brothers and my father always treat us the same. He also taught my brothers the importance of doing laundry and helping around the house with chores. I remember on occasion when my youngest sibling wanted my mom to iron his shirt and my dad said, "let me show you how you do it so you don't have to bother your mom. She is not your servant, you know." that was a great lesson for all of us!

    ResponderEliminar

Lesson 8 : 06/12/2018 Deep Culture in the Elementary Classroom

I really liked that he talks about teaching our students this kind of manners, cultural crossings, paradigms so they can apply it and unders...